Deputy Principal Accountant
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months - with the possibility of extension.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £14.50 per hour
13+ week's £19.13 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: 37 (mon-fri)
- have successfully passed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the following bodies:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
- Have at least a total of 2 years post qualification* experience, gained within the last 5 years in any one of, or combination of, the following categories:
- preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and /or Management Accounts;
- preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources;
- developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems.
While the precise duties and responsibilities of individual posts will vary, posts may involve varying degrees of the following activities:
The provision of high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to others, both in departments and externally;
- Assisting with the financial planning processes of government departments and agencies;
- Ensuring the principles of resource accounting and budgeting are embedded within the department's financial and management systems and accounts;
- The preparation of departmental Annual Report and Accounts and the preparation of consolidation packs to facilitate Whole of Government Accounts;
- The development and implementation of financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes;
- Provision of advice, guidance and direction on the implications of resource accounting and budgeting for the management of budgets, the in-year monitoring of expenditure, and the preparation of Estimates and Accounts;
- Developing management accounting and financial performance reporting for departments;
- Establishing and maintaining close and effective working relationships with a broad range of other organisations including, as appropriate, other government departments and agencies, departments' internal audit function, other public sector bodies and the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
- Maintaining an up to date and comprehensive understanding of current public expenditure planning, monitoring, control and accountability systems;
- Leading, managing and motivating teams of staff who often need to work to tight deadlines, and on tasks where high quality information and guidance needs to be produced;
- Review and assessment of business cases and investment appraisal;
- Managing the resources of your own section; and
- Audit/specialist review/internal control and in the case of NIAO, delivering quality audit work across a range of audited bodies. The foregoing is not an exhaustive list of duties.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland