Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal (CSA Project Officer) to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £19.37 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- At least 1 year's:
- Experience of taking the lead role in developing policy (preferably in the public sector), including drafting policy and associated documents for consultation; reporting on consultation outcomes and progressing policy initiatives through to agreed final policy stage;
- Experience of leading successful engagement with stakeholders from a variety of sectors on new policy areas and initiatives;
- Demonstrable ability to engage with new and existing stakeholders to develop enduring networks, build relationships and achieve consensus;
- Practical event planning and management experience; and
- Practical project management experience.
- Awareness of the Ombudsman's role, remit and powers;
- Experience of complaints handling in the public sector;
- Experience of establishing monitoring, oversight and reporting frameworks with a view to measuring compliance with standards and service improvement;
- Experience of providing briefing and supporting analysis for attendance by top management at public events, NI Assembly Committees or similar; and
- Understanding and experience of the legislative process.
- This is an opportunity to play a key role in developing and delivering high-profile policy changes to improve public services and the service user experience by enhancing complaints standards and improving complaints handling across public services in Northern Ireland, as envisaged in Part 3 of the Public Services Ombudsman Act (Northern Ireland) 2019 The role will involve working with individuals and organisations delivering a diverse range of public services, as well as with elected representatives and political parties, and organisations in the voluntary and community sector, to build networks and consensus for policy change.
Under the direction of the Project Lead, the senior project officer will drive and lead the planning, development and delivery of projects to progress the work of the Ombudsman's office in enhancing complaints handling in Northern Ireland. The role entails developing a draft policy document on complaints standards for consultation with stakeholders and, subject to capacity, will include -
- developing and delivering engagement and consultations on the draft policy, both in written format and through face to face events, with a wide range of stakeholders in the public sector, the community and voluntary sector and elected representatives;
- progressing the draft policy to final policy stage; and
- establishing stakeholder networks and developing key relationships relevant to enhancing complaints handling and learning from complaints.
- The role will also include project management and support; event planning and management; and report writing. The post-holder will be happy to work on their own initiative as well as with NIPSO colleagues, including the head of communications, and members of the senior management team.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland