Grafton Specialist Recruitment is excited to be working in partnership with a leading name in the Design and Construction industry of South Down, to hire a Design Coordinator/ Assistant to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
Our client work on Interior fit-out projects in the hospitality and leisure sectors, across the globe and are looking for an agile and dynamic design professional who can contribute to the company's strong values and 'can do' attitude. The successful applicant will become a valued member of this busy team and will grow in personal and professional design career goals.
- To assist the design team in the management, coordination, pricing, and acquisition of materials, finishes, and FF&E.
- To assist in the design of bespoke joinery pieces, understanding the construction process to be built in-house by the joinery team, and produce project/ job sheets/ time-frames for the production team.
- To ensure accurate detailed drawings and information is communicated to the production team in accordance with high standards of practice and quality.
- Other assistant style duties as required by design team and management requirements.
What you will bring:
- 3 years experience working in a Junior to mid-level role within Design, Joinery, or Construction
- Conceptual and Technical design skills and experience
- Ideally hold a degree in Design or Construction related subject
- Good working knowledge and understanding of using AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, or Revit
- Proven ability to understand and interpret CAD drawings
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to project manage time-frames and assistance with budgets
- Excellent Verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You might also have:
- Previous experience working in a fit-out industry in Architecture, Interior Design, Joinery, or Construction
- Sound knowledge of construction processes and products
- Experience of using Solidworks or SketchUp on live projects
- Knowledge of joinery and workshop equipment including CNC programming
This is a fantastic role for a Junior Designer to work with a truly inspiring team, to help effectively coordinate and assist design and design processes, and help take your own career to the next level in Design, Interior Design, or Project Management.
My client have a strong employee well-being ethos and work hard to develop you as a professional in your field, in return for your assistance on some exciting projects in the hospitality and leisure sectors.
How to apply:
Apply via the link below or email Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment with your updated CV and a sample portfolio of work (if you have one) to email@example.com or call 028 90 323 333 for more information on the role and company.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.