Temporary Design Officer (Electrical) required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.36 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:30)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out all assigned duties as to ensure optimal performance and the achievement of the unit's financial and operational targets
- To represent the Property Officer (M&E) as required
- To be responsible for the production, updating, storage and archiving of timely and effective electrical designs in the agreed CAD format
- To ensure that all electrical designs promote sustainable and renewable energy usage and incorporate all relevant statutory provisions and industry standards
- To assist in the development of design briefs
- To apply the RIBA design work-stages to all relevant designs and assist the Property Officer in application of the unit's project management methodology
- To carry out on-site inspections of the design during the construction phase and to assist in the management of the design change process
- To prepare contractual documentation and to assist in the evaluation of tenders and quotations
- To liaise with external consultants and contracts to co-ordinate and validate design work
- Ensure the production of accurate "as-installed" drawings for all properties
- To ensure that all electrical compliance-related design issues are promptly and effectively dealt with (DDA, emergency lighting, alarms etc.)
- Liaise as necessary with staff and external customers to ensure effective co-ordination of all design work
- To carry out on-site condition surveys, including the use of all ICT hardware and software supplied
- To carry out pre and post inspection site visits at all assigned properties
- To ensure all risk assessments are produced in a timely and comprehensive fashion
- To assist in quality assurance processes in respect of externally-produced work
- To provide technical support and advice in respect of electrical installations, infrastructure and related equipment and to produce reports and cost estimates on electrical issues
- To assist in compilation of Building Log Books
- A third level qualification in a relevant subject such as a Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent qualification AND be able to demonstrate one year's relevant experience in a consulting electrical engineering environment
- City & Guilds Level 2 qualification in Computer-Aided Design 2D or equivalent qualification
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.