Our well established client in the Toomebridge area are looking to recruit a Despatch Clerk to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
As a Despatch Clerk, the successful candidate will be customer focused and will liaise with customers, despatch, sales and operations personnel to ensure efficient despatch of goods to customers.
- Deal with customers in a helpful and courteous manner whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism at all times;
- Carry out all despatch duties in an efficient and effective manner. Ensure correct business procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Schedule deliveries to maximise efficiency of fleet;
- Monitor allocation of loads to ensure optimum distribution amongst drivers;
- Keep the despatch office tidy and secure;
- Record and pass on customer sales enquiries to the appropriate department;
- Record customers complaints and pass on to relevant manager to deal with effectively;
- Be proactive in seeking service improvement opportunities;
- Provide cover and/ or assistance to the Fivemiletown Outside room staff as required;
- Interact with other members of staff and management in a pleasant and professional manner;
- Provide cover as despatch clerk at other Acheson and Glover sites as and when required;
- Carry out any other duties as required by management and within skills capabilities.
The above list is not exhaustive but provides a broad range of key duties and responsibilities of post.
- At least 5 GCSE's or equivalent Grade C+ including Maths and English
- Previous administration experience in an office environment
- Proficient in MS Office with a good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Valid Driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Team worker
- Friendly and approachable
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility to work outside normal hours as and when required
- Can travel to and from work areas as and when required
- Logistics or Production planning experience
- Experience in the use of fleet management system
- ERP/CRM system experience
- Presentation skills