Despatch Operative | Belfast | Temporary
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Despatch Operative/Storesperson to join our client, an international manufacturing organisation, on a temporary basis at their site in Belfast. The temporary assignment is expected to run for at least one month with further extensions possible.
Reporting to management you will work in small but fast paced despatch team to fulfil customer orders.
- Pack and prepare orders for shipment
- Book-up collection with couriers
- Load and unload trucks
- Process shipment confirmation on Oracle system
- Ensure that all documentation relating to the shipments - delivery/ packing notes etc are filed and archived.
- Check that fork-trucks or other material handling equipment is safe and suitable prior to use. Highlight any safety concerns to department supervisor.
- Maintain all areas of despatch area in adherence to 5S principles.
- Any other duties, as directed by department supervisor.
- You must have a valid counterbalance forklift licence and experience working within a despatch role.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills.
- Available to start immediately.
Hours of work for this position are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 - 13:30 on Fridays. Rate of pay is £8.50 per hour. For further information please submit your CV via the link.