Grafton Built Environment are working in partnership with a public sector organisation based in Belfast to hire a Development Officer for their Construction team on a contract basis of 6 month +.
As Development Officer, the successful applicant will assist Senior Management: to ensure the organisation improves and builds houses to the highest possible standard; to create and process every opportunity to develop solutions to current and future housing requirements with regard to the organisations strategic development objectives; to ensure projects within the development programme are completed on time, within budget and to requirements, specifications and design criteria.
To ensure the effective co-ordination, implementation and management of a project from inception to handover and final closure within the confines of Planning, Environment, Construction and Health and Safety regulations.
What you will being to the role:
- Operate and maintain Development Department procedures and systems in line with quality management systems and external Agency auditing requirements.
- Assist Senior Management and the team to formulate and prioritise the organisations development programme in line with strategic objectives for consideration, approval and implementation.
- Assist in all aspects of control and supervision of projects within the development process.
- Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with clients.
- Analyse the need for housing provision and prepare project applications, etc. (e.g. surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals).
- Co-ordinate as directed the process of scheme design, detailed design, preparation of contract documentation, planning negotiations and applications.
- Consult with relevant employees and external clients to ensure compliance with strategic objectives.
- Initiate action to invite and accept tenders. Prepare/select lists of contractors for approval. Ensure proper tendering procedures are carried out. Assist in the analysis of all tenders received. Co-ordinate provision of insurance's and warranty cover for schemes.
- Ensure and maintain a safe environment around the work area, to report maintenance problems swiftly and to ensure their behaviour and actions do not endanger people or property.
- Seek building cost estimates and compare against allowances. Aid in the preparation of financial profiles for total project expenditure.
- Relevant construction related qualification e.g. HNC, HND, Degree, OR 5 years' relevant experience
- 3 years' experience as a key development person, preferably with a HA, NIHE, local authority, HSC Trust, Developer or similar
- Project management experience with ability to meet targets
- Computer literate with experience of spreadsheets and knowledge of cash flows and economic appraisals
- Understanding of drawings and contract documentation
- A valid driving licence and access to a car to fulfil any mobility requirements of the post.
- Project management experience in construction/development environment
- Experience of NEC Contracts/ framework contracts
A fantastic opportunity to join a long standing organisation in Northern Ireland in the public sector to help deliver an exceptional service to their tenants and customers.
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Patrick Moore at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.