Role: DevOps Engineer
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a DevOps Engineer for Pramerica in Letterkenny.
DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development (Dev) and information technology operations (Ops) to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close alignment with business objectives.
· The DevOps Engineer is responsible for assisting with the analysis, design and build of the DevOps processes and tool sets.
· The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing input to the DevOps standards and workflows, configuration management functions associated with product releases and ensuring the integrity of the delivery standards.
· An understanding of DevOps
· The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a team
· Strong customer service mindset
· Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical users
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Excellent initiative, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
· Strong attention to detail
· The ability to document exceptions/issues/action plans/meeting minutes/lessons learned accurately and in a timely fashion
· Ability to create excellent working relationships within and across teams.
· An understanding of CI/CD Tools
At least one of the following skills:
· Experience with modern application packaging, deployment, containerizing, bug tracking tools and other supporting tools (Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Jira, etc.)
· Experience with modern source code management and software repository systems (Git/GitHub, Bitbucket, Subversion, Team Foundation Server, etc.)
· Understanding of both UNIX and Windows OS platforms.
· Experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Batch, Groovy etc.)