Location: Gweedore Co Donegal; Letterkenny; Buncrana, Donegal
Salary: €30000 to €40000
(TO APPLY YOU MUST HAVE THE FULL RIGHT TO WORK, SPONSORSHIP WILL NOT BE PROVIDED)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a DevOps SRE based in Gweedore Co Donegal; Letterkenny; Buncrana, Donegal.
My Clients DevOps has an opportunity for a DevOps SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to join our team in Letterkenny. This exciting position will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of and help build additional capabilities for them in support of our journey to the cloud. The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services that are leveraged as part of the enterprise adoption of public cloud.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for assisting with the analysis, design and build of the DevOps processes and toolsets. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing input to the DevOps standards and workflows, configuration management functions associated with product releases and ensuring the integrity of the delivery standards.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, with a strong desire and skill for identifying opportunities to remove waste and inefficiencies in the Software development lifecycle. Responsibilities will include, increasing the efficiency of development, testing, and product release processes. To excel in this position, you must be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices.
- Develop and maintain our build automation process.
- Develop and maintain our pipelines using various tooling stacks.
- Working closely with engineering teams to understand the build/integration requirements and design and implement a continuous delivery infrastructure for current platform as well as the next generation platform.
- Overseeing build and automation tool selection and implementation.
- Enforce the standards for the code development, unit test coverage on all source code.
- Maintaining and extending CI/CD functionality.
- Implement branching and merging standards of the code base using the source control system.
- A Good understanding of DevOps
- Experience with modern source code management and software repository systems (Git/GitHub, Bitbucket, Subversion, Team Foundation Server, etc.)
- Understanding of both UNIX and Windows OS platforms.
- Experience using DevOps Tools (Jenkins, TFS, SonarQube, Artifactory etc.)
- Experience with modern application packaging, deployment, containerizing, bug tracking tools and other supporting tools (Maven, Docker, Jira, etc.)
- Execution on all release engineering aspects of DevOps including Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Management, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Create and deliver Infrastructure as Code (IaC) through a CICD pipeline utilizing tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, AWS Code Star or comparable toolsets.
- Consume/have literacy using source code / Binary repositories such as Bitbucket, Artifactory, or comparable toolsets.
- Leverage configuration management/image management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, etc. to administer an AWS AMI lifecycle.
- Leverage enterprise toolsets such as Splunk / Dynatrace to search, analyze, visualize, and report on machine generated data to help achieve operational excellence.
- The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a team
- Strong customer service mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to document exceptions/issues/action plans/meeting minutes/lessons learned accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to create excellent working relationships within and across teams
- Proactive self-starter, with a proven record of taking initiative
- Ability to work without supervision and leading strategic requirements through to successful completion.
- An adept problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities.
- Have strong organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations.
- AWS/Linux admin experience.
- ServiceNow Integration experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.
- Minimum 1-2 years' hands on experience working in a cloud environment.