Grafton Recruitment are delighted to assist our client in their search for a qualified Diesel fitter on a temporary assignment for a minimum of 6 months.
You will be expected to maintain and repair all mechanical aspects of a vehicle, carry out vehicle inspections and associated administrative duties.
Have you an awareness and understanding of customer needs?
Are you able to accept orders, work with others with minimal supervision?
Have you a flexible attitude to work and working hours with ability to work additional hours when required or at short notice?
- Vehicle inspection.
- Vehicle servicing.
- Vehicle defect diagnosis and repair.
- Complete administrative duties associated with job.
- Preparation of vehicles for P.C.V. presentation.
- Respond to vehicle breakdown.
- Essential Criteria
- Well presented
- Minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship experience working on commercial vehicles.
- Full current driving licence
- Essential Qualifications
- Recognised Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship with minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant trade or discipline.
- Diagnostic ability.
- Ability to produce sound safe work
- Awareness of Health & Safety at work.
- Working knowledge of vehicle systems e.g. air brakes, diesel engine and fuel systems etc.
- Desirable qualities and experience
- Relevant engineering experience on buses and/or coaches
- Experience of using IT packages
- Understanding of vehicle electrical systems and body structure.
- Possess PCV Licence The successful candidate will be expected to make them selves available for call out, have the ability to obtain a PCV licence and satisfy such medical standards that may apply to the post. Location - Milewater Service Centre ,Belfast - 37 a week
For further information please contact Anita on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.