Director of Sales and Marketing
Grafton Sales and Marketing are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the hospitality sector for a tenacious and commercially driven Director of Sales and Marketing. As part of the leadership team, the Director of Sales and Marketing will coach a team of sales and marketing professionals to successfully build and drive the sales pipeline including the identification, maximisation, development and closing of business opportunities aligned to the business growth targets.
* Directing and managing all sales and marketing activities to maximise revenue, profitability and quality standards by developing and executing strategies, forecasts and plans to facilitate achievement of set targets across the team
* Proactively maintain awareness of competitive activity, marketing & pricing strategies and to educate internal stakeholders of offerings
* Ensure customer retention and guest satisfaction in accordance with targets
* Ensure complete and accurate maintenance of CRM and sales pipeline
* Attendance at key conferences, meetings and industry events
* Local and international travel to meet the needs of the role
* Pro-actively managing the sales team including induction, performance management, disciplinary, grievances, succession planning and training, providing guidance and support to team members
* Ensuring all key performance goals are achieved
* Maximising all available sales opportunities by actively promoting the hotel facilities and rates
* Pro-actively managing the daily operations of your department, ensuring it runs efficiently to the high standards expected
* Monitoring the roster and time-sheets and actively taking necessary corrective action to consistently deliver guest satisfaction within budget guidelines
* Developing and implementing strategies to improve results including promotional events
* Auditing departmental services and monitoring their quality on a regular basis
* Liaising and communicating with all departments on a daily basis to ensure smooth operation of service for guests
* Completing weekly rota in line with budget and required staffing numbers, ensuring all staff holiday entitlements are allocated within the holiday year
* Adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring all staff adhere to procedures
* Completing highly accurate monthly reports for the General Manager
* Credible experience working at a senior level within a luxury property
* High level of motivation and resilience with a pro-active and positive attitude
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
* Ability to lead and manage a team
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively
* Ability to provide exceptional customer service
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Previous experience managing a team in a similar environment
* Strong commercial and numerical skills with ability to effectively plan budgets
* North American luxury travel industry knowledge
* Corporate Sales and RFP process experience
* Brand development and growth experience
* Experience identifying and developing relationships within varied markets (Golf, incentive, entertainment and high-end luxury travel market)
* Marketing a five-star product on local and international platforms
The successful Director of Sales and Marketing will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus annual incentive, pension, parking, mobile phone and uniform allowance.
The Director of Sales and Marketing role will be based in Belfast.
If you would like to discuss this Director of Sales and Marketing job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.