Business Intelligence Developer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Director of Systems Development for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal.
Are you a seeking a leadership role in Systems and Software Development? Do you want to work for a dynamic, innovative company based in the coolest place on the planet with exciting career opportunities and family-friendly working policies? If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that will allow you to influence the digital transformation and the future of systems development, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your talents!
This is an excellent opportunity for a confident, high performing, motivated individual who is looking for an exciting and challenging career opportunity within an 800+ Systems organization.
Summary of Duties
- Provides technical direction for the development, design and systems integration across multiple client engagements.
- Lead the transformation program by defining and identifying tech talent needs within the systems organization.
- Ensure all training needs are progressed appropriately in partnership with Learning and Development.
- Define, implement and govern Software Engineering practices across the SDLC incorporating Dev Ops and Agile expertise, (Architect, Design, Development, Testing etc.).
- Create and ensure all documentation is available, complete and accurate for reporting and audit purposes.
- Lead change management for the systems organization.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Ensure System teams meet compliance requirements.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years implementing high-profile technology projects.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- An engineering mindset with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate software engineers.
- Demonstrable experience navigating, influencing and leading within a highly matrixed environment.
- An ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- An ability to be an effective leader in a fast-paced and highly pressurized environment.
- A deep understanding of portfolio, program and project management principles.
- Has a customer-driven mindset and is committed to engineering excellence and business outcomes.
- Significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our business partners
- Hands-on or management of solutions involving the following tools and technologies an advantage - AWS, Azure, SalesForce, Marketing Cloud, Seismic, Workfront, Cognos, Tableau, Power BI, Hadoop, Informatica, Pentaho, Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, BitBucket, SVN, Sauce Labs, Selenium, UFT, SOAP UI, ServiceNow, JIRA ServiceDesk, .NET, Java, Python, QuantLib, CUDA, SQL Server, Sybase, PostGreSQL, Cassandra, DataStax, Mainframe, Native mobile development, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools.
- Background or previous experience in a consultancy environment.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry and the possibility of US travel.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland