Role: Director Systems Development - International
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Director Systems Development - International for a leading global company based in Letterkenny.
This post will lead the Development of a new PII Software Engineering Capability across all the regions that PII operate in. Initial focus will be on Developing and Executing a Robust Quality Engineering Strategy to PII in partnership with in-country resources. The role will be based in Letterkenny Ireland with potentially up to 50% time travelling to PII locations in Asia, South America and in PII Headquarters in Newark New Jersey.
· Understands International Application Portfolio in country and how Applications are Developed and tested today.
· Define a Universal Quality Engineering strategy can be built using Modern-day Software Engineering practices that optimize the Test process across the Software Development Lifecycle.
· Manages and is accountable for developing and implementing efficient and effective Testing Approaches for new and existing systems. Including understanding of Quality Engineering processes such as Functional and Non-Functional (Performance, Security etc) Testing.
· Partner with other IT Service Providers to ensure Quality is injected into the overall SDLC Process. This will include developers, consultants, security, Infrastructure and the DevOps capability.
· Provide Governance and Standards for the accurate delivery of all Quality Engineering related artifacts and deliverables (customer requirements & SDLC related items; i.e. Test Plans, Status Updates, Defect Management Plans, etc.).
· Build a Sustainable cost model around Software Engineering in country to ensure execution of the recommended strategy, including the appropriate staffing model.
· Create strategies around EOL and EOS for software applications as it pertains to Quality Engineering. Critically identify the risks associated with the need for additional testing with those platforms that have limited or extended support.
· Train in country technology leadership & vendors to be able to execute on and curate the Quality Engineering strategy when on boarding new applications and platforms.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
· Platform support knowledge and experience is a critical requirement for this role along with a working knowledge or Individual Life & Group Insurance admin systems.
· Knowledge of a broad range of IT competencies - SDLC, IT Support, ITSM, Security, DevOps and cloud to ensure that business requirements are managed to the appropriate technical solution and service delivery.
· Strong project management capability, interfacing with IT leaders in the countries and in Newark to help delivery multiple projects on an annual basis.
· Basic knowledge of virtualization software, web technology, and IaaS cloud service providers (AWS, Azure)
· Be and strong leader, be willing to develop, insist and stand by your strategy.
· Degree in computer science. Five year's min. experience in a QA leadership role with a good mix of technology skills. Ability to work on own initiative within part of multi-skilled IT Group.
· Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software engineering solutions coupled with a history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and next generation products
· Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
· Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
· Intellectual curiosity with a great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong personal motivation and a desire to achieve for yourself, your team and your company.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.