Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Summer Work- Domestic Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Belfast
Role: Part Time Domestic Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.66 p/h
Hours: To be confirmed number of hours available
Duration: Summer Work
- Floor maintenance duties to include use of vacuum cleaners, buffing and floor scrubbing machines.
- Cleaning all sanitary areas.
- Cleaning of all furniture/fittings and general dusting duties, low and high level cleaning
- Removal and rehanging of bed screens, curtains etc.
- Cleaning of walls, windows, glass partitions and other periodic duties as required such as carpet cleaning.
- The collection and removal of waste and replacement of waste sacks, hand-towels, soaps, toilet rolls, etc.
- Receipt and storage of cleaning materials.
- General securing of buildings. (May include operation of electronic alarm systems).
- Preparation and provision of patient food and beverage service
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Support Services Supervisor and General Manager Domestic Services Trustwide
- Observation of Trust Policies and Procedures relating to
- Domestic Services as instructed.
- Aged 16 or over.
- Knowledge of the role of a Domestic Assistant.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and follow written instructions.
- Basic numeracy & literacy skills
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to cope with difficult situations in a calm and professional manner as part of a team in a patient/user focused environment.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality in the work place.
- Willingness to complete: British Institute of Cleaning Science Certificate. (BISC's).
- General good health for the demands of the post.
- Acceptable attendance record
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn Blair will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.