Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary DP Legal Adviser to start ASAP for a duration of up to 51 weeks
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00
13+ week's £19.13
- A degree in law or other business related subject;
- Be a Solicitor, qualified to practice in Northern Ireland and a member of The Law Society of Northern Ireland, with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in providing legal advice on commercial agreements and Intellectual Property matters and a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in providing legal advice on data protection law;
- Experience of contract negotiation and the successful delivery of commercial agreements;
- A proven track record of effective verbal and written communication skills to Senior Management in a Large and complex organisation including liaising with scientific and/or technical stakeholders which has led to positive business outcomes.
- Supporting [the Head of Business Development and Science Support] in the implementation of business objectives and assisting the Solicitor/Principal Legal Adviser to realise them
- Building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing clear, accurate and authoritative legal advice on all aspects of legal and associated corporate governance matters (to include data protection, procurement and freedom of information law), primarily related to research, commercial and intellectual property matters, but not exclusively so;
- Drafting, negotiating and approving research, funding and commercial contracts;
- Assisting in the development of policies to ensure that legal and associated corporate governance and contract management matters, including contracts and intellectual property, are managed appropriately and in accordance with best practice;
- Instructing and supervising external legal advisers and patent attorneys as appropriate;
- Reporting on legal advice received from external legal advisers Senior management and staff and liaising with them to bring matters to a satisfactory completion;
- Liaising with Corporate Governance and Information Management team to provide advice relating to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, UK Data Protection law and Freedom of Information law and drafting and/or reviewing Data Sharing Agreements;
- Assisting with the co-ordination of other legal advice, for example, related to employment or litigation matters;
- Ensuring the integrity of suite of legal policies and documents is maintained and that it is periodically updated in the light of developments in law and practice.
- Providing administrative support to ensure the maintenance, registration and updating of registered intellectual property;
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland