DP Legal Officer
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Legal Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 2 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00per hour
13+ week's £19.37per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- 2.1 Law Degree, 2 years experience of practical conveyancing
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- General duties; Provide general legal advice to other members of Court Service staff, scrutinising primary and subordinate legislation, drafting of subordinate legislation and providing policy advice to the Minister. May work unsupervised or directly to other senior managers in the Division, as appropriate.
- Specific Duties;
- Processing and advising on adverse possession applications;
- Providing general legal advice in relation to applications lodged at Land Registry;
- Providing advice on rectification applications lodged at Land Registry;
- Liaising with Land Registry customers;
- Drafting replies to complaints, Freedom of Information Enquiries, Private Office/Member of the Legislative Assembly enquiries;
- Scoping and implementation of a data cleanse of Land Registry data.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland