3 Temporary Driver/Labourers required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (07:30 - 15:30)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To report daily to line manager for instructions, work to routes, schedules and rotas, complete and return all relevant paper work and collate any data and information (manual or computerised) and present reports as specified by Management.
- To report to management any accident, incident, equipment or other relevant defect following required procedures including the completion of all required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- To convey members of a sweeping squad to and from their routes and from the area depot daily and to assist with sweeping when required.
- To load the vehicle with sweeper's rubbish, remove bags and awkward household rubbish from passageways and entries etc., assisting labourers and other operatives with heavy items and other rubbish as appropriate.
- To cleanse free standing and pole mounted litter bins on route to the required standard.
- To wash the truck daily.
- To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines - driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers procedures, etc. This also covers the wearing of appropriate protective and reflective clothing and safety footwear and the safe lifting of heavy objects
- To observe all vehicle servicing instructions issued and complete all duties involved and in the event of a breakdown, to notify the Transport Supervisor and / or the Fleet Management Unit immediately.
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded.
- To safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route, including prioritising cleansing routine according to levels of littering encountered.
- To use safely all equipment and tools provided to perform the relevant function and ensure that they are in good condition at all times.
- To take part in all required training activities as required including instructing other operatives in the use of plant and vehicle equipment.
- To ensure that all work is carried out to the required service standards.
- To operate any collection system as required including bin lifts and tail lifts.
- To use radio and other telecommunication facilities as required.
- Possess a full current C1 driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland
- Possess a current Driver CPC Qualification card
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing specific examples, relevant experience of driving in a commercial environment, cleaning an outdoor area, making sure tools and equipment are safely used in accordance with health and safety regulations and dealing with members of the public
- All eligible applicants will be required to undergo a driving assessment as part of the selection process
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.