Drop In and Female Crash Assistant Manager
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Drop In and Female Crash Assistant Manager for one of Northern Ireland's most recognised Charities. Our client provides vital and potentially life saving potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year. Our client offers a wide variety of support to marginalised people based on ethos of acceptance and delivering services unconditionally.
- Uphold and develop a low threshold, high tolerance ethos; to promote the principles of harm reduction; and, to maintain a person-centred and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills by creating an environment which fosters teamwork, promotes diversity and places our service users at the heart of our service.
- Apply Organisation policy in accordance with best practice, and to promote a culture of quality improvement through continuous service and policy development.
- Fulfil health and safety requirements under current legislation and organisational policy, and to apply appropriate risk assessment and management measures.
- Motivate, mentor and monitor the work of the Drop-in and Annesgate staff teams, encouraging staff empowerment and development through Team Meetings and Supervisions, always ensuring that achievement is recognised and/or rewarded.
- Provide strong leadership to encourage good teamwork and recognise the team's strengths and weakness. Be aware of team dynamics and ensure that workloads are shared fairly within the staff team.
- Be familiar with the work of the Outreach and Floating Support services so you can ensure cross functional working between teams across the Organisation.
- Be an active member of relevant forums and working groups.
- Work with the Drop-in Coordinators to ensure all service users, where relevant are allocated keyworkers and take responsibility for approving/reviewing all initial and ongoing assessments, support plans and incident reports confirming they are of a high standard and completed in a timely manner, disseminating arising tasks/actions to staff through the handover process.
- Ensure the staff team initiate and/or participate in case meetings and advocate/liaise on behalf of service users with other agencies i.e., education, employment, training providers, leisure, health and other services as part of support planning both internally and externally.
- Ensure staff compliance with all health and safety policies and procedures for the building, that checks are carried out, recorded and where needed acted on.
- Ensure strict compliance with food storage, cooking and kitchen health and safety.
- Be responsible for ensuring returns are completed and forwarded to relevant funding bodies.
- Ensure the overall quality of the service is compliant with the highest level of audit at any time.
- Manage the team to work in a way where risk is continuously assessed and prevention and de-escalation of incidents is paramount.
- Ensure all staff work under current legislation and the organisation's policies and procedures.
- 2 years' experience of delivering services to marginalised groups
- 2 years' experience of leading teams
- Experience of planning and co-ordinating services
- Experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work
- NVQ level 4 qualification in relevant area of work or equivalent
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a salary of £25,000 per annum, generous holiday entitlement, pension and access to excellent training and continued personal development
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.