Drop In Support Worker - Belfast
Drop In Support Worker
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Drop In Support Worker for one of Northern Ireland's most recognised Charities. Our client provides vital and potentially life saving potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year. Our client offers a wide variety of support to marginalised people based on ethos of acceptance and delivering services unconditionally.
As part of a team of Support Workers you will be responsible for the daily management of our Drop In service providing immediate and ongoing support to both homeless and vulnerably housed people many of whom have complex and multiple needs You will, have particular responsibility for meeting the support needs of our vulnerably housed clients, ensure the Drop In operates effectively as an assessment and multidisciplinary support hub for all, as well as a place where our client group can participate in meaningful activities, training to sustain accommodation and socialise in a safe and welcoming environment
- Work to ensure the Drop In is a safe and welcoming environment for all using skills that will manage and diffuse potential and actual incidents and actively promote equal opportunities
- In conjunction with clients initiate and facilitate, 'meaningful' activities, pre-tenancy training and user involvement forums
- Develop effective relationships with vulnerably housed clients making particular efforts to break down barriers with those who are reluctant to access support and sustainable accommodation
- Identify potential accommodation providers and housing pathways for vulnerably housed clients
- Maintain accurate records including, handovers, contact notes, case files etc.
- Co-operate with the monitoring framework in order to enable external evaluation of the service
- Keep abreast of relevant developments in the sector including training and other opportunities relevant to the post
- Ensure all vulnerable adults and children at risk are safeguarded appropriately
- 6 months experience working in a homelessness environment OR 6 months experience working with people with complex needs OR relevant experience or skills that would be transferable to the post
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Knowledge of benefits relevant to single homeless people
- Able to work shift hours as required including early mornings, evening and weekends.
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a salary of £18,564 per annum, generous holiday entitlement, pension and access to excellent training and continued personal development
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.