Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Drupal Developer based in Letterkenny
Are you seeking for an exciting Drupal developer/leader role? Do you want to work for a dynamic, innovative company based in the coolest place on the planet with exciting career opportunities and family friendly working policies? Then we may have the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your talents!
My Client is focused on creating and implementing industry leading digital experience across its wide spectrum of businesses to its customers
You will be
- Working with Drupal 8 , PHP and MYSQL
- Collaborate with the Backend developers to rebuild and migrate sites from other Content Management System to Drupal 8
- Collaborate with Front End Developers to build new UI components in Drupal
- Working with the latest deployment model including AWS, Docker and CI/CD.
- Working in an Agile environment delivering new components as well as aiding the development of new products.
The successful candidate will join a Development team who are responsible for developing, implementing and supporting various mission critical applications for the Enterprise and its Business units. Responsibility will also include the ongoing maintenance of existing applications in support of our customers.
The technical challenges are vast and exciting, whilst providing the candidate with ample opportunity to increase and enhance their technical and leadership skills, while keeping abreast of the latest technologies and standards.
The chosen candidate will work as part of a talented team of Software Specialists. This person will be responsible for supporting Prudential's suite of cutting edge web, mobile and distributed applications.
Project activities should be primarily focused on
- Development and enhancement of new and existing applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Desire to learn, share and apply new skills
- Ability to present solutions to complex problems
- Research emerging technologies and develop POC's
- Participate in the architecture, system design and development of enterprise applications.
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment to collaborate with team members and other teams and integrate individual components into complex enterprise systems.
The successful candidate will have 6+ years of direct experience in a web and/or distributed development environment and must be educated to degree level.
- 3 + years experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
- Ability to design enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Proven ability to design innovative solutions and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and those of others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight schedules.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as IBM WCM
- Proficient with database design, MySQL and stored procedures.
- Experience on using tools such as Ant, Maven, GIT, Jenkins.
- Experience with Linux development environments and knowledge of DevOps principles and methodologies
- Experience of monitoring and debugging using tools such as CloudWatch, Dynatrace and Splunk.
- Experience of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM and TDD.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.