Dutch Games Linguist
Do you have a background in linguistics/translation and a passion for gaming? Do you want to combine the two to create a dream job? Do you speak native level Dutch and have full right to work in the EU? We could have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grafton recruitment is currently looking to recruit Dutch linguists for an exciting Games Linguist role for one of our clients in Dublin South. They are a well-established leader in their field and already have significant American and European business. We are looking for Finnish Native Level Speakers with a background in translation, linguistics or copy-writing, who enjoy playing games.
Do you want to be part of an amazing team and create an authentic experience for your users? Get in touch!
The role is to translate and trans-create from English into Dutch in order to provide player support and in-game content for mobile games. The linguist will also test the games in their native language.
This role requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for games.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Translate/trans create player support, community and in game content from English to Finnish to a high quality standard
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks in Game
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is achieved
- Suggest process improvements that will deliver on goal of optimal translation quality
- Native level Dutch speaker
- Passion for games industry
- Educational qualification in linguistics
- Experience in translation, customer service or community, copy-writing or linguistics
- Excellent verbal and written linguistic skills both in Dutch and English
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent salary and Benefits package
- High level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
- An opportunity to gain experience with a progressive, growing and innovative company
- Multi-cultural environment
- A chance to do what you love and turn it into a career!
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV.