Temporary Markets Duty Manager required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.81 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To ensure high standards of service delivery through the effective and efficient management of all day-to-day operational matters at the market venues to ensure that all market activities run smoothly
- To supervise, motivate and manage all staff within the post holder's sphere of responsibility including allocating duties, maintaining records and submission of payroll data
- To assist in the management of an effective system of performance management for the markets
- To ensure that all markets income is collected on time and that income is managed in line with policies, financial regulations and standing orders
- To ensure that all markets are opened and closed at the proper times, that they are maintained and that at all times the Market Bye-laws, Regulations and conditions of trading permits are observed
- To ensure that all market facilities and infrastructure are maintained in a good state of repair and cleanliness and to arrange for any necessary repairs or maintenance
- To ensure that health and safety at work is monitored and implemented effectively throughout the markets and its functions, including the maintenance of fire logs, COSHH and risk assessments thus warranting the safety and well-being of staff, traders and members of the public
- To manage and monitor WIRES Inspections and ensure that any actions highlighted are dealt with to ensure WIRES compliance
- To undertake responsibility for the management and security of the land and buildings, plant and machinery ensuring the safety of tenants, staff, occupiers and the public
- The post holder will also be required to act as key holder for the premises
- To assist in the development, promotion and operation relative to the Markets Unit that maximises the Markets Unit contribution to the retail regeneration of Belfast
- To participate as necessary with other departments and external agencies in the day-to-day aspects of development and promotion of the Markets Unit
- To check that all relevant insurance cover is maintained valid and adequate by market tenants and traders
- To assist development and implementation of a customer relationship management system and customer care programme for all markets
- To liaise with promoters, retailers, traders, exhibitors, customers and the public to ensure the smooth, effective, efficient and economic management of all market venues.
- To manage the lettings of vacant units within the markets, in conjunction with the Estates Management Unit and to ensure proper completion of tenancy and other agreements
- To initiate procedures for the collection of overdue rents and other income in accordance with policies, financial regulations and standing orders, in liaison with business support as necessary
- To meet with traders, tenants, prospective customers and the public dealing with enquiries, providing information and resolving disputes
- To deal with correspondence and prepare information and reports as necessary
- To participate as directed in the selection and interview procedure.
- A relevant third level qualification such as Business Studies, Management, Facilities Management or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience in managing/motivating staff, managing health and safety issues and managing events, exhibitions and fairs
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.