Our client in the Ballymoney area are looking to recruit a temporary Education Support Assistant to join their team until the middle of June.
The role of Education Support Assistant will be:
- To act as a member of the Student Services Section/Curriculum Team;
- To promote the vision, mission and core values of the College;
- To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator/Assistant Head of Department in the promotion and achievement of high quality Education Support and services;
- To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator to develop, implement and regularly review the appropriate, policies, practices and procedures relating to Student Education Support services.
- To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator/Assistant Head of Department in ensuring that the provision for student education support, reflects the priorities set by Government policy and the strategic direction and mission of the College;
- To contribute to a systematic process of review, evaluation and planning of the Education Support provision;
- To be an integral part of the Education Support Unit/Curriculum Team and ensure work is carried out as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- To ensure that students who have a learning difficulty, disability or medical need find the service effective and efficient and is consistent across the College;
- To contribute to the Student Services Quality Improvement Plan and Self Evaluation Review;
- To provide support to individual learners undertaking programmes in an inclusive form. This support may include note taking and/or examination scribe or reader;
- To assist learners in accessing and/or evacuating all parts of the College buildings and facilities;
- Assisting with first aid procedures when required, and maintain a level of First Aid training;
- If necessary deal with Learners who are feeling unwell and report to the course team as appropriate. Remain with the learners until parents/guardians arrive to collect them or accompany them to hospital if required;
- Supervise learners over breaks and escort them back to classrooms at the appropriate time, if required;
- To provide appropriate classroom support to lecturing staff;
- Provide cover for other support workers in their absence as required by the Education Support Co-ordinator/Assistant Head of Department;
- To contribute to the standardisation of student Education Support procedures across campuses which will assist in maximising student retention, satisfaction and achievement;
- To adhere to performance criteria and achieve agreed targets for all areas of Education Support;
- To contribute to student records when required;
- To contribute, as part of a team, so that the Education Support Unit/Curriculum Team responds quickly and effectively to the needs of students with learning difficulties disabilities or medical needs, in an equitable manner;
- To assist in developing policies, procedures and operational management of the Education Support Unit/Curriculum Team in adherence with best practice models;
- To contribute to an ethos of high quality customer care;
- To act as an advocate for students who may have a learning difficulty, disability or medical condition;
- To participate, as required, in staff development training and performance reviews within the Unit/Team;
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained in accordance with legislation and College policy;
- To ensure that an appropriate level of service is available and accessible across all campuses, and is maintained throughout the calendar year and College day;
- To undertake duties, as appropriate, in support of the wider Student Services / Curriculum teams.
- 6 months experience in providing support for young people or adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
- GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above or Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication and Numeracy or equivalent.
- Proven experience in the delivery of a high quality provision of education support including care duties.
- Proven track record of working as part of, or leading a team.
- Proven ability to use IT.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed targets.