Due to our clients continued growth they have an opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their ever growing team. An industry leader in UK's Building Services providers they design, develop and deliver a wide range of offsite-prefabricated, innovative and sustainable building service solutions throughout the UK & Ireland
Key responsibilities :
- Conduct Site Surveys of existing services to determine appropriate options for existing integration with BMS control packages.
- Prepare relevant electrical design drawings, plant selections, cabling routes and installation specification guides at the various design stages of the project i.e. - from initial concept design through to tender, construction and completion.
- Develop project specific BMS control panel drawings and description of operation to match the selected plant.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Attendance to project design meetings when required.
- Ability to work in conjunction with contracts managers and commissioning teams to assist in the commissioning process including proofing and streamlining of BMS controls operation.
- Liaising professionally with clients, suppliers, contractors and other relevant authorities as necessary at an extremely professional level.
- Travel to company sites in Scotland, England and Wales may be required occasionally.
- The above list is not exhaustive and additional tasks maybe required as directed
- HNC/HND in Electrical/ Control Engineering or a similar relevant qualification.
- Relevant experience in design in commercial M&E Sector.
- Experience of using Electrical Design Software.
- Knowledge of legislation, standards, safe working practices and environmental best practice would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation, planning and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets
- Salary negotiable depending on experience - £30K +
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Annual Health Check
- 30 days Annual Leave
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.