The technology domain area is class leading diagnostic and monitoring equipment for Electricity distribution using various Dissolved Gas Analysis methodologies. Utilizing the latest technology to develop complex monitors with a software infrastructure necessary to build a distributed monitoring environment for a variety of worldwide customers.
Based in Lisburn, UK, the Compliance Engineer will work within the Engineering Department, to ensure monitoring and diagnostic instruments are compliant in a global market. The role will involve compliance and product safety testing throughout the NPI process, as well as maintaining the compliance of the current product line.
In addition, the role will support the smooth transition of product development from engineering to manufacturing and includes support of customer technical compliance issues.
The Compliance Engineer will be a team player with creative flair and be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
* Review Technical compliance requirements for NPI.
* Define compliance tests required on products.
* Maintain NRTL marking on current products.
* Prepare and submit test data and reports to 3rd party safety agencies.
* Perform/witness EMC testing at 3rd party agency. Some travelling will be involved.
* Design Internal Routine testing, and train production staff in its usage.
* Provide support to all internal customers in Compliance and Product Safety.
* Provide Training and support to engineering in all aspects of Compliance and Product Safety.
* Review product changes to determine Compliance and Product Safety impact.
* Work with the design engineers to ensure compliance is followed from the start.
* Responsible to ensure continued compliance to RoHS directive and REACH regulation.
* Ensure that all products meet the CE marking requirements and required global marking.
* Work with Engineering Team to develop Product Safety cases for all NPI programs
* Review and record any field incidents which involve safety issues and work with Teams to provide corrective and preventative actions to resolve the issues
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
* Proven experience working in a product compliance role in an industrial environment.
* In depth knowledge of EMC Standards.
* In depth knowledge of Electrical Safety Standards.
* Knowledge of environmental standards.
* Proven experience working with 3rd party laboratories in obtaining NRTL approvals to North American.
* Detailed knowledge of compliance requirements for North America & Canada.
* Detailed knowledge of CE Marking requirements
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Knowledge of REACH, RoHS & WEEE.
* Experience with CE Marking requirements for Low Voltage and EMC Directives
* Knowledge of compliance requirements of other countries.
* Experience using IEC 61010-1 and IEC 61326-1.
* Experience with working with 3rd party certification bodies particularly NRTL's.
* Experience working within an ISO quality systems and document/design control.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc).