Embedded Software Engineer
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer based in Antrim. The company is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls.
The role and responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, test and integrate embedded software solutions for products from concept stage through to delivery to customers.
- Develop applications for use on 8/16 bit micro controllers using C and Assembly for signal processing and serial communications.
- Developing electronic solutions for a range of automotive applications including
Passenger car and Heavy Vehicle & Off Road - specifically as part of the development of sensors & systems features related to tyre management
- Working closely with customer technical and project personnel.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of Sensata product roadmaps.
- Taking white paper design from concept to customer demonstration through to final product development
- Eliciting both external and internal stakeholder requirements for new products, features & technology developments
- Algorithm development and modelling of system level behaviour for new functionality.
- Use of mathematical and other tools to model and simulate systems. The results of these activities should feed into the software and hardware design activities.
- Contribute to and review, software, hardware and verification specifications and related documentation.
- Development of vehicle level test and integration tools for use in proving grounds and on road test environment.
- Deploying functionality either on Sensata developed hardware or via integration projects with world class development partners.
- Please note as the role is customer facing and so occasional foreign travel is required
- Applicants must possess a minimum of an Honours degree in Electronic / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Effective communication, organisational skills and the ability to present to customers are important aspects of the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.