Embedded Software Engineer (BMS)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer (BMS) based in Antrim.
My Client's are recruiting an Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for the systems and products in our Electrification growth initiative within the Ventures organisation.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be playing a key role in the emerging BMS systems engineering activities within the company and with key partners and customers.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will work within a cross-functional team to develop embedded software for next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications.
The selected candidate will join a highly motivated and growing team within a new ventures organization, charged with incubating and commercialising new technologies.
The role includes
- Developing embedded C software for BMS product development
- Supporting all aspects of the software product life-cycle, from initial software requirements capture, architectural design, coding design, implementation, test, and release to customers
- Algorithm design and implementation for new functionality
- Developing proof-of-concept demonstrations to customers and development partners
- Working according to all agreed team procedures, including Agile/Scrum methods
- Honours degree in Software, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a related discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years in relevant industries in an embedded software design role
- Embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and peripherals, low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C.
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Functional safety and cybersecurity skills
- Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
- Excellent understanding of software development processes, like Agile or v-model, skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
- Familiar with scripting languages, working knowledge of RTOS's, hardware peripherals and hardware interfaces, the implementation of algorithms and/or communication stacks on embedded targets
- Experience with MISRA C and static analysis
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience with over the air communications would be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The company is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 23rd August 2019
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland