Embedded Software Engineer Lead (BMS)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer Lead (BMS) based in Antrim.
The office of the CTO of my client has created a megatrend-focused organization to capitalize on growth opportunities presented by Electrification, Autonomy, Connected and Sharing. A key Incubation project they are focusing on is the Battery Management Sensing.
The company's battery management engineering team is innovating new sensing and control solutions for lithium-ion energy storage systems. Together with leading global customers, we are developing next generation battery management technologies and products that significantly improve the safety, performance, reliability and costs of battery systems - and the next generation of electric cars, trucks, buses and stationary storage systems that use them. We're seeking world class technical talent to lead within our global battery management engineering teams.
The role of Embedded Software Technical Specialist is a key role in the emerging BMS systems engineering activities within the company and with key partners and customers.
Role specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Embedded Software Technical Specialist for BMS initiative in the company, integral in developing next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications
- Leading software architecture, requirements, creating software design and supporting software acceptance testing, implementing in C
- Providing strategic technical input and direction to the development and management team
- Working within a global cross functional team to lead and deliver software related activities across multiple project work streams
- Perform complex analysis requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong software technical competency
- Providing innovative ideas and developing strategies for meeting the project needs
- Demonstrating excellent team working and communication skills, mentoring and leading the software developers within the project to deliver for the program objectives
- Driving continuous process improvements resulting enabling delivery of new products and methods of working
- A key contributor to BMS technology and product development
- Achieving results in support of business goals in a matrixed, team oriented, global environment; working with global cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, quality, marketing, sales, customer service and operations.
- Contributing to the development of skills of junior team members
- Developing wireless solutions to meet Automotive, Industrial, HVOR and ESS needs
- Occasional foreign travel is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years in relevant industries in an embedded software design role and leading embedded software design projects
- Track record of innovative technology development and product development
- Proven track record of advanced embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and peripherals, low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C.
- Experience of designing and delivering functional safety and/or cybersecurity technologies/products
- Experience with over the air communications would be an advantage
- Experience of designing and developing high voltage battery systems including BMS responsibility
- Excellent understanding and experience of software development processes, like Agile or v-model, skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
- Advanced working knowledge of RTOS's, hardware peripherals and hardware interfaces, the implementation of algorithms and/or communication stacks on embedded targets, familiar with scripting languages.
- Experience with MISRA C and static analysis
- Experience of test driven development
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The company is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 23rd August 2019