Role: Embedded Software Engineer (Smart & Connected)
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer for a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient.
My client is recruiting an Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for the systems and products in our Smart & Connected growth initiative within the organisation.
Commercial fleets are seeking to deploy smart and connected devices across trucks and trailers in order to generate actionable insight to reduce operating costs, improve uptime and enhance safety. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will work within a cross-functional team to develop embedded software for multiple sensing applications and deliver unique system solutions which provide high value to our end customers. You will have an opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology which offers a unique challenge in achieving optimal hardware and algorithm performance from resource-constrained devices.
The selected candidate will join a highly motivated and growing team within a new ventures organisation charged with incubating and commercialising new technologies.
- Developing embedded software for sensing and gateway products
- Supporting all aspects of the software product life-cycle, from initial software requirements capture, architectural design, coding design, implementation, test, and release to customers
- Algorithm design and implementation for new functionality
- Developing proof-of-concept demonstrations to customers and development partners
- Working according to all agreed team procedures, including Agile/Scrum methods
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- BEng degree in Electronics, Software or a related engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Two years' industrial experience in a Software Design role
- Embedded software development in C or C++.
- Understanding and experience of the software development toolchain: Requirements capture tools, bug/issue tracking tools, IDEs, software analysis and testing tools, documentation tools, compilers and debuggers.
- Experience of using a software development process, i.e. Agile or v-model.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated personality
- Willingness to travel as required to global offices and customer sites
- Experience in development of embedded software for wireless communication, including Thread, Zigbee, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Experience in development of automotive software
- Experience developing products/systems compliant to SPICE, MISRA and/or ISO26262 functional safety standards
To discuss in further detail. please get in touch with Jane Donnelly on 02890 323333/ 07384513095
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.