Embedded Software Engineer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer for a true market leading engineering and design firm based in Lisburn, Co. Antrim Northern Ireland.
This role will suit a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer who possess the talent to enhance a high performing software engineering team.
Summary of Duties
- Understand domain and product requirements in order to design, develop and test high-quality C/C++ software running on an embedded platform with RTOS
- Provide associated unit and functional tests within a continuous integration environment.
- Participate in agile process collaborating with Product Owner, team members and other local or international stakeholders
- Produce clear and concise design documentation
- Participate in manual end to end system integration testing
- Provide Support and maintenance for existing software
- Degree in Computer science/software engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years C/C++ development experience for embedded platforms
- Practical experience using real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Development on 32-bit microcontroller (Atmel, Analog device blackfin), running an RTOS
- Experience developing low level device drivers on embedded hardware
- Experience using unit test frameworks e.g. TUT, Google Mock
- Experience using scripting languages, preferably python
- Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, ZigBee and CAN
- Code maintenance for "product quality" projects (Static code analysers, Code refactoring)
- Familiarity with embedded hardware design
- Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and methods including FFT, digital filters, re-sampling * Familiarity with control theory (PID controller etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
You will receive a competitive package and the opportunity to work for a true market leading global company.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.