Embedded Software Engineers
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £30k - £40k DOE
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Customer Software Support Engineer for a leading Global Technology company
Embedded Software Engineer
The research group at this company is focussed on providing new and innovative product solutions for the core businesses of the company. We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Research Physicist to enhance our research team. The successful candidate will join a team engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping, and continuous problem solving. It is therefore vital that the applicant has an innate curiosity, a strong appetite for independent research and determination to achieve success.
· Understand domain and product requirements in order to design, develop and test high-quality C/C++ software running on an embedded platform with RTOS
· Provide associated unit and functional tests within a continuous integration environment.
· Participate in the agile process collaborating with Product Owner, team members, and other local or international stakeholders
· Produce clear and concise design documentation
· Participate in manual end to end system integration testing
· Provide Support and maintenance for existing software.
· Degree in Computer science/software engineering, or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years C/C++ development experience for embedded platforms
· Practical experience using real-time operating systems.
· Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
· Fluent in English, both written and verbal
· Development on 32-bit microcontroller (Atmel, Analog device blackfin), running an RTOS Experience developing low-level device drivers on embedded hardware
· Experience using unit test frameworks e.g. TUT, Google Mock
· Experience using scripting languages, preferably python
· Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, ZigBee and CAN
· Code maintenance for "product quality" projects (Static code analysers, Code refactoring) Familiarity with embedded hardware design
· Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and methods including FFT, digital filters, re-sampling
· Familiarity with control theory (PID controller etc.)
· Experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration.
· A strong team player with the determination and capability of meeting objectives under pressure Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
· A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing us and our clients
· Quality focused, conscientious individual, demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
· Motivation to create high-quality products and systems and learn new skills
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Procurement.