Emergency Gas Service Engineer
Our client is looking for Emergency Gas Service Engineers to join their busy team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for providing the 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with agreed Standards and Safety Procedures.
To provide the 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with agreed Standards and Safety Procedures. The jobholder will also be involved with the installation, repair and exchange of meters and other assets.
- Safely provide 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with standard operating procedures and regulated standards of service.
- Undertake after-hour standby duties as per the programmed rota.
- Undertake all gas work in line with ACS, IGEM and all other relevant standards, in a safe and productive manor.
- Provide updates on all work related activities as required including documentation of all gas work undertaken and any unsafe situations encountered.
- Account and document all assets, materials and parts utilised in allocated activities.
- Maintain company provided vehicle, tools, equipment and PPE in good working order; reporting defects, accidents or loss when encountered.
- Comply with all HSE requirements of the business in order to maintain personal and public safety
- Deliver first class customer service at all times, promote and sell the products & services
- Maintain knowledge and experience by taking part in on-going training and development.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
Education, qualifications and training
ACS - CCN1 and Hold an NVQ in gas installation & maintenance or NVQ Plumbing or equivalent qualification.
Additional ACS Appliance qualification MET1, REGT1
A minimum of 1 years post apprenticeship experience in domestic gas utilisation/or heating & plumbing including diagnostics with customer service experience.
Gas Appliance service & maintenance experience
Job skills, knowledge and abilities
Good verbal and written communication as well as relevant IT skills. A professional and flexible approach is required along with a full driving licence.
Candidates with relevant NVQ qualifications but have yet to complete post apprentice experience and obtain gas safe registration may be considered for a Trainee placement.
As well as great career opportunities and the opportunity for development, our client offers an array of benefits from a contributory pension scheme and on-site canteen, life assurance and annual health checks to name a few.
Full training, company van, tools and personal protective equipment will be provided.
This is a full time permanent role based on a 37.5 hour week. The successful candidates will be required to participate in after-hour standby duties as per the programmed rota, for which they will receive standby/call-out payments.
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.