Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Employment Specialist in Belfast City Centre on a permanent basis. Our client is a part funded local charity in Northern Ireland they provide their clients with many opportunities, encouraging them to adopt healthier lifestyles and to widen their social networks.
The purpose for this role is to provide a recovery focused supported employment service. You will work directly with employers to secure employment opportunities and provide ongoing support to both employers and the individuals to retail them in work.
You will be involved in the process and outcomes of:
- Delivery of the placement and support model
- Quality Assuring Service Delivery
- Health & Safety
- Personal Training, development & training
- Operational Targets
Delivery of the placement & support model
- To manage a caseload of individuals and wish to gain work.
- To prepare individuals for employment by assessing and identifying their specific employment needs through vocational profiling.
- To facilitate the individual in accessing the full range of benefits and supports available to them to help inform their decision to take up and sustain employment.
- To be proactive in working with employers to source and secure employment opportunities for people.
- To develop networks with other organisations that will help individuals achieve their employment goals.
- To provide tailored support to individuals who have secured employment to assist them in sustaining that employment
Quality Assuring Service Delivery
- To ensure that all client information is maintained and held in accordance with our clients policies and procedures
- To satisfy all contractual requirements as directed by stakeholders and funding bodies in relation to service delivery
- To ensure adherence to the organisation's policy on the Management and Handling of Client Complaints
- To ensure adherence to relevant organisational and legislative requirements
- To support quality improvement systems including Investors in People and Customer Service Excellence as appropriate.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that all aspects of legislative and organisational Health & Safety standards and requirements are maintained
- To ensure that, where any risk has been identified in relation to clients, a full risk assessment is carried out and appropriate follow up action is taken.
Personal Training, Development & Training
- To take part in supervision, appraisal and training as identified through our clients Staff Learning and Development Processes
- To take personal responsibility for continuing personal and professional development and maintain a current continuing professional development portfolio.
- To adhere tour clients set of Core Values and Corporate Behaviours
- Experience of working in recruitment or supported employment setting
- Paid experience of working with people with mental health needs or other disadvantaged groups
- Educated to A Level/QCF Level 3 or equivalent(Including RQF level 2 English and Maths, GCSE Grades A* - C or equivalent)
- Evidence of developing external networks to support the achievement of organisational objectives
- Proven ability to effectively support and work as a member of a team
- Strong commitment to quality assurance, continuous improvement and the delivery of best practice
- Able to demonstrate a good level of IT literacy
- Ability to demonstrate alignment with our clients core values and organisational behaviours.
- Current full driving licence, valid in the UK and access to a car on appointment or access to a form of transport which will permit them to carry out the duties and requirements of the post in full
- To undertake other additional duties as may be reasonably assigned according to the changing priorities of the Service and the needs of the client group
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check via the Access(NI) Service before commencement of employment
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am to 3.15pm
- Starting salary £21,210 and reviewed annually.
- 20 paid holidays and 13 Paid Bank holiday's per year (additional 1 weeks leave after 4 year's service): leave taken during Christmas, Easter and Summer closures.
- BUPA cash health plan
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme (eligibility - 1 year's employment)
- Company Pension - 4% employee and 5% employer contributions
This may not matter to you when you are looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria please attach your CV for consideration for the attention of Katie Doyle