Employment Support Officer
Grafton are currently recruiting for their client based in Belfast, who help support individuals with mental health needs. They are committed to providing an excellent service and are searching for an Employment Support Officer to join their team on fixed term contract until the end of June.
The new team member will relevant experience of preparing individuals for employment or supporting people in employment.
- To deliver structured and comprehensive training, advice and support that:
- Meet the appropriate standards
- Adhere to Workable (NI) Guidelines and Procedures
- Are appropriate to the needs of individual clients.
- To co-ordinate appropriate training/counselling for clients on a group or individual basis as agreed with the Service Manager.
- To take the lead role in client recruitment onto the Workable (NI) Programme and to facilitate the introduction of new clients to the programme.
- As part of the keyworker role to undertake ongoing assessment and review of individual client needs and facilitate/attend meetings with employee & employer when needed.
- To ensure that all client information is maintained and held in accordance with Workable (NI) Programme procedures and guidelines
- To ensure adherence to relevant organisational and legislative requirements.
- To support quality improvement systems including Investors in People
- To ensure that, where any risk has been identified in relation to new or existing clients, a full risk assessment is carried out and appropriate follow up action is taken.
- To take personal responsibility for continuing personal and professional development and maintain a current continuing professional development portfolio.
- To take part in supervision, appraisal and training as identified through the companies Staff Learning and Development Processes
- Educated to NVQ, RQF Level III or equivalent
- 5 GCSE'S including English and Maths
- Recent relevant experience of preparing individuals for employment or supporting people in employment
- Paid experience of working with people from disadvantaged groups.
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Have a basic level of IT literacy
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, self-motivation, confidence and ability to use initiative
- 35 hour working week
- Attractive Holidays
- Comprehensive induction & training package
- BUPA cash health plan
- Subsidised parking
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Family friendly policies
- Marriage/Civil Partnership leave
- Paid medical & dental appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Enhanced maternity/adoption leave pay
- Death in service benefit (x2 salary)
If you are interested in this position please send your CV via the link or contact Aaron on 028 25642699
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.