Temporary Enforcement Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.36 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:30-17:00)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To oversee the efficient management and control of the post-holder's area of responsibility to ensure that the work of the service is carried out within agreed time, quality and financial targets
- To have a detailed knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation relating to the enforcement of waste, litter, recycling and local environmental quality matters arising from domestic, commercial and industrial premises and to maintain knowledge of legislative changes to maintain the section's effectiveness in carrying out its functions
- To ensure all relevant administration is completed in relation to enforcement activities, including the issuing of notices and warnings, summonses, the preparation of witness statements and representation at court
- To investigate all complaints and make recommendations in reports to the Enforcement Manager and to undertake appropriate actions as directed by the Enforcement Manager
- To research and review policies in relation to existing enforcement activities as well as new areas of work and to assist in the development of new procedures and policies that may affect the section's ability to carry out its functions in an effective manner, as directed by the Enforcement Manager
- To assist in the development of procedures for the field use, deployment, maintenance and evaluation of technical equipment relating to enforcement activities
- To assist in the development, use and update management information systems in liaison with the Enforcement Manager to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the section's Enforcement Activity as well as being able to interrogate the management information systems from other departments where investigation relating to waste issues is warranted
- To liaise with other services and departments on operational matters and to represent the service on departmental management teams as required
- To establish and develop links with external statutory, voluntary and other bodies on all matters connected with enforcement of legislation, policy and procedures relating to litter and waste and associated issues
- To attend and represent at meetings involving the public, community groups and other statutory agencies relating to the delivery and control of the waste stream, street cleansing and enforcement related issues
- To organise and undertake the delivery of any enforcement related training and familiarisation activities for other employees as well as visitors and to attend any courses offered
- To monitor, investigate and update the Commercial Management Information system regarding commercial waste enforcement activities and to liaise with the relevant Cleansing Services officers regarding necessary interventions.
- Full, current driving licence which enables applicants to drive in Northern Ireland
- One year's relevant experience in legislative enforcement and application, including the administration of documentation for enforcement action and acting as a witness in court
- Experience in investigation of complaints and carrying out appropriate remedial action
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.