Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require an Enforcement Officer to join their team asap.
Role : Enforcement Officer
Location : Ballymoney ( may be required to operate from any corporate base within the Council )
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £10.20 p/hr 12 weeks + £12.85 p/hr
Main Duties :
- To contribute to the delivery of an effective Environmental Health Service which is customer focused, innovative and value for money.
- To implement and enforce relative statutory provisions in relation to Dog Control, litter control, other environmental protection legislation and relevant Council byelaws for which you will be personally authorised to enforce.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- 5 GCSEs A-C to include in English Language and Maths.
- A minimum of 12 months' experience in an enforcement related role and dog handling.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of current dog related and litter control legislation.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbally and in report form.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekends to provide a response to major incidents and other emergencies when required.
Desirable Criteria :
- Experience in the enforcement of legislation.
- Experience of working with dogs in a professional capacity.
- Knowledge and experience of the Environmental Health Software management package (Tascomi).
If you are interested and MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link.