Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking multiple Engineers for permanent roles with our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit multiple experienced Engineers to work in their Operations, Planning and Innovation team.
The Operations, Planning and Innovation function comprises highly skilled professionals with backgrounds in engineering and business/commerce. The core responsibility of OPI is to manage the operation of the power system ensuring that the lights stay on in a secure, reliable, sustainable and economic way.
These exciting opportunities span a range of areas including power system planning, power system operation and power system innovation. The role require experience leading technical teams and a strong understanding of the technical performance and technical analysis of the power systems.
Duties will include
- Delivering on a range of technical and commercial projects designed to achieve regulated targets, meet stakeholder needs in line with our clients requirements
- Carry out technical analysis to a high degree of accuracy. Some roles involve detailed power system technical analysis including; steady state load flow, voltage and short circuit analysis and power system economic analysis (dispatch, losses and lifetime cost analysis).
- Utilise existing tools and work with teams to improve our use of these tool. The main tools used include PSS/E, Power Factory and Plexos.
- Apply skills, knowledge and experience to effectively deliver on your team's processes and overcome problems.
- Support the achievement of OPI's objectives to deliver on our clients role and strategy by working collegially and providing assistance as required or directed
- Liaise with the business as required to understand stakeholder needs;
- Prepare written and verbal reports for internal and external audiences
- Stay up to date with national and international developments in your area
- Focus on seeking ways to continuously improve the way we work to make it more efficient and effective as well as transparent and easy to understand for non-technical audiences
- Manage own performance through skills development, delivering on targets, seeking opportunities to learn and showing technical and personal leadership and mastery in own field
- Perform all work to a high standard with a focus on on-time delivery
- An engineering degree or equivalent with at least 2 years' experience in a related field
- Proven experience carrying out power system analysis and proficient in the use of power flow analysis tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders
- Experience using analysis coupled with professional judgement to make decisions which drive investments
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience conceiving and introducing innovative ideas, solutions or new ways of doing things
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Experience leading or supervising more junior team members
- Commercial awareness with the ability to make decisions and recommendations in all aspects of a projects implementation
- Excellent salary and benefits on offer
- Located in Dublin 4 close to all public transport
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 5175040.