Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: County Antrim
Salary: £35,000 to £43,000 per annum
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Engineering Manager to join an advanced and dynamic manufacturing Company.
In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our clients organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. This is a hands-on engineering role providing support to our customer quotation and NPI process as well as providing engineering support and guidance to in house tool making, CNC machining, injection moulding and assembly processes.
The successful candidate will provide management of Engineering function across of all processes including NPI to achieve production, quality and first-class manufacturing practices and meet KPIs; co-ordinate with customers on engineering matters and resolve issues.
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert.
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects
- Management of in-house tool room staff and resources to meet business needs
- Manage internal engineering teams across Quality, Process and Project functions
- Ensure that plans and systems are in place to enable effective operations in line with business strategy.
- Ensure that plant and facilities are maintained and developed to support business goals, including maintenance, production/process and the commissioning of new technology/equipment
- Ensure the business maintains industry accreditations and meets customer specifications.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and statutory requirements for Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Employment Law and strive for best practice in all the company's human resources policies and practices.
- Extensive technical knowledge in aspects of plastics moulding, toolroom & machine shop environment,
- Understanding of aerospace, automotive or medical industry standards and compliance
- Conversant with modern manufacturing methods and systems based on lean manufacturing principles
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of operating an autonomous business unit with mixed volume demand
- Strong background in engineering and familiar with injection moulding tool design and manufacture, injection moulding processes including NPI.
- Knowledge of engineering polymers
- Significant management experience, with responsibility for engineering within a manufacturing operation.
- Clear track record of achieving business and improvement goals
- Clear track record in building effective customer relationships and networks and developing new business
- Track record of project management within challenging time constraints with technically demanding customers
- Ability to put together accurate customer quotations
- Evidence of strong organisational and planning abilities
- Computer literate
- Strong evidence of commercial and business development acumen
- Capable of working flexible hours as required to meet business needs
- Able to travel
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a competitive package, the opportunity to work in an advanced and dynamic manufacturing Company.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Huw Lloyd at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.