Our client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Environmental Health Officer for a 3 month Contract
To be responsible through a Senior Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to a Principal Environmental Health Officer for the improvement of the health and quality of life of people in Belfast through the efficient and effective delivery of specific work activities allocated to the postholder.
To make an effective contribution to the development and achievement of the Environmental Health Service objectives and unit business plans.
To ensure that all duties and tasks assigned to the postholder are performed in accordance with specified time and quality targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out specified enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of any area of work to which the postholder is assigned.
- To actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community) to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To carry out project work as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer or Senior EHO.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered.
- To provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
- To keep himself or herself informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the postholder is currently assigned through a process of continuing professional development.
- To proactively make suggestions for the improvement of work practices and services provided.
- To participate as required in the training of students and other persons assigned to the unit for training purposes or work experience.
- To participate as directed in the council's recruitment process.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and to provide occasional cover for out of hours services such as the night-time noise service as directed by the unit manager.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the city council.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Applicants must demonstrate on CV
- be a qualified Environmental Health Officer who holds a Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board or holds a qualification acceptable to the Board, that is, Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or a historical equivalent;
- possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business, or, access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full
If interested please upload your CV to the link provided