Temporary Environmental Health Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.50 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out specified enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of any area of work to which the postholder is assigned.
- To actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To carry out project work as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer or Senior EHO.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered.
- To provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
- To keep informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the postholder is currently assigned through a process of continuing professional development.
- To proactively make suggestions for the improvement of work practices and services provided.
- To participate as required in the training of students and other persons assigned to the unit for training purposes or work experience.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and to provide occasional cover for out of hours services such as the night-time noise service as directed by the unit manager.
- Be a qualified Environmental Health Officer who holds a Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board or holds a qualification acceptable to the Board e.g. Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Possess a full, current driving licence and access to a car
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.