Environmental Health Officer
The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents
- To act in the absence of the Environmental Health Manager as necessary and to deputise as directed
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public, elected representatives and various statutory and non-statutory bodies. Participate in partnerships at a local and regional level aimed at tackling health inequalities and improving health and well-being within the community.
- To deal with hostile and confrontational situations, including the different of same on a professional basis using a range of communication skills.
- To undertake such training as required (including essential CPD training) in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of professional, technical and legislative development across the range of Environmental Health disciplines as well as in relation to departmental and council wide polices and procedures. To participate in the training of existing staff, new staff,BSc (Environmental Health) degree students and other persons assigned for training or work experience.
- Ensure compliance with council polices and procedures and operate within the highest standard of management and personal behaviour which reflect the core value and behaviour of the council.
Hours of work: 37 Per week
- A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in Environmental Health.
- Graduate or voting membership of the Charted Institute of Environmental Health.
- Applicants must hold the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board Certificate or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years' relevant experience in a field directly related to Environmental Health.
- If Applicants do not hold the essential qualifications they must demonstrate a minimum of six years' experience as above
- An Ability to make effective use of IT systems and software packages
- An awareness of political sensitivities and the ability to maintain an unbiased approach and a positive public relations image.
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car
- Rate of Pay £16.60
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.