Our client, a leading manufacturing company, has a vacancy for a Health and Safety Advisor at their site in Co Fermanagh/Co Cavan.
The company has been operating since the 1970's and they are an integral part of larger group. They are constantly evolving through technical innovation, and they are now at the forefront of providing pioneering, cost effective, construction solutions designed to meet the needs of any construction project.
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be required to carry out a variety of duties including;
- Dealing with daily environmental, health and safety issues
- Maintaining and reviewing the sites management systems in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007
- Establishing and documenting procedures
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents and complaints
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Maintenance of waste management programme
- Organising/attending health and safety meetings
- Planning and providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
Hours of work:
- Mon - Thurs 8am - 5.30pm, Fri 8am - 5pm
- 42hrs per week
The successful Health and Safety Advisor, will possess the following
- A third level qualification in a relevant Health and Safety/Environmental discipline
- Relevant experience
- Food Hygiene knowledge
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Documentation skills
- Ability to analyse information
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and / or on their own initiative
- Excellent salary plus Bonus
- Free parking
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.