Job Title: Estates Compliance Officer
Hours of work : Day Shift, 37 hpw
About the Role
The post holder will be responsible to the Estates Manager within the Estates Section of the Technical and Estates Services Unit for ensuring that the company's estate meets the necessary regulatory and statutory compliance requirements under its Duty of Care, the Health and Safety at Work Regulations, the Workplace (Health Safety and Welfare) Regulations, typically covering asbestos, fire safety, gas safety, electrical safety and property/asset inspection processes to protect staff and members of the public and reduce and manage risk.
Ensure the efficient provision of a comprehensive range of estates management services for all properties and work in partnership across all directorates to enable the council to meet its strategic objectives
- Plan, co-ordinate, and control a comprehensive range of property and building compliance requirements including:-
- Design, coordinate, monitor and manage property/ asset inspection and testing processes, schedules and programs to ensure that the Company complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements relating to their Estate.
- Carry out appropriate asset inspection process audits to ensure adherence to and continued improvement of estate compliance measures. Including setting adequate performance indicators.
- Provision of adequate risk assessments associated with the estate.
- Review, advise on and maintain appropriate electronic inspection and record systems and ensure that all necessary estates governance records are maintained and available. Compile reports as required in order to defend any potential public liability claims as necessary.
- Assist the Estates Manager in the preparation and management of annual budgets relating to the section for incorporation in the Company's Estimates procedures and capital and maintenance programmes and prepare monthly reports for presentation to Committee.
- Ensure that clear effective channels of communication are maintained with internal management and external contractors to permit the co-ordination, planning and delivery of maintenance services. Participate in inter-departmental working groups and prepare reports and recommendations in relation to the same.
- To keep up to date and ensure compliance with relevant new developments in estates, and environmental legislation relating to the function of the Company. Participation in relevant working groups to develop policies and procedures for the relevant sections.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Company.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Company.
- Develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery.
- Third level qualification such as BTEC, NEBOSH, ISOH or equivalent
- A minimum of three years relevant working experience which includes;Compliance with Health and Safety, Estates Management and the application of Statutory Regulations.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own car
WHY USE GRAFTON?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland