Salary: 40-50k DOE
The role will be full-time permanent working Monday-Thursday 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
This is an exciting role in a fast-paced environment which will provide structured and valuable experience to an experienced Senior Estimator or Estimating Manager. The role will involve managing the Estimating department and assisting the Sales team in a pre-contract role to ensure glazing and cladding tenders are returned accurately and in a timely manner.
This role will surround itself upon the following tasks;
* Management of the Estimating Department, currently a team of 3 and overseeing all tender returns.
* Receiving and logging tender enquiries.
* Communicate with clients on tender status.
* Prepare tender submissions, estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
* Analysis and estimation of value engineering opportunities to ensure bids are competitive.
* Quantity take-off, BOQ preparation and unit rate buildups.
* Preparation, issue, follow up and negotiation of supplier enquiries & quotations.
* Completion of tender checklists.
* Final bid preparation & submission.
* Follow up and negotiation of submitted tenders including attendance at tender review meetings as necessary.
* Preparation of Project Information Packs for post-contract team.
* Attendance at internal tender review and project handover meetings.
* Successfully co-ordinate as part of the management team through liaison with clients / client representatives, architects, consultant engineers, site managers, supervisors, planners, surveyors and HSEQ officers.
* High standard of organisational and time management skills.
* Sound knowledge of general construction methods.
* Sound communication, numerical and literacy skills.
* High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
* Experience with estimating software (EQUE2, Conquest etc).
* Experience pricing with LogiKal software.
* Technical knowledge of SFS, Rainscreen Cladding & Glazing systems (Metal Technology, Aluprof, Schueco).
* Management experience is desirable.