Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Examinations Administrator to start ASAP for a duration of 2 Months (initally)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £8.57 per hour
Location: Bangor, BT20
Hours: Mon - Fri (30 hours per week)
Either hold a qualification at NVQ Level 3, or higher in a relevant discipline and have a minimum of one years' in an administrative setting
Have a minimum of three years experience working in an administrative setting
English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of ICT, administration and database systems
- Recent experience of planning and organising administrative tasks.
- Experience of working with others and in teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Flexible approach with a focus on service and performance.
- The post holder will form part of a team making up the examination office and will be expected to assist in the delivery of a high quality range of services within a highly regulated environment that contributes to the examination service.
- It is, expected that anyone employed in this role will carry out their duties in a mutually supportive manner at all times. The post-holder will work within the context of recognising the interdependency of tasks and having a collaborative relationship with others whilst accepting accountability and responsibility for examinations processes and procedures.
- The post-holder is responsible for usingQLS for registration and maintaining Electronic Data interchange (EDI) for entry and capture of results.
- Assisting the Examinations Officer in the administration of the examinations service provision.
- Processing examination registrations in according to College agreed processes.
- Processing entries and results on the QLs and other computer based examination modules.
- Ensuring accuracy of examination entry information.
- Issuing statement of entry, results, certificates and other information pertinent to examination candidates.
- Process requests for special arrangements to the examination bodies which are unique to individual candidates in line with the requirements of the Centre for Disability Services.
- Establish standards and maintain compliance with Awarding Body regulations and the communication of information to customers.
- Reconcile the exam board invoice with entries made minimising late fees and reducing chargeable entries when learners withdraw.
- Deploy the online examinations systems provided by awarding bodies such as 'Evolve and ECDL.
- Establish possible timetable clashes and accommodate candidates in ensuring that examinations are completed in accordance with awarding body guidelines.
- Organising examination invigilating, allocation of rooms and appropriate layouts.
- Administering and processing coursework and dispatch of examination scripts.
- Setting up centre timetables to include dates, time, venues and number of candidates.
- Liaise with awarding bodies.
- Providing statistics on examination results and analysis.
- Quality assuring the collation and distribution of results and certificates.
- Managing on a daily basis the creation, updating and maintenance of examination links in liaison with curriculum colleagues.
- Overseeing arrangements for the conduct of examinations including security and fit for purpose processes.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland