Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Executive Officer II - Finance to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £12.86 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A minimum of one years' experience working in a finance team.
- Knowledge of internal control, checking and budgeting;
- Knowledge of standing orders and financial regulations;
- Knowledge of VAT accounting.
- GCE 'A' level passes in 2 separate subjects; and
- GCSE/GCE ('O' level) at grades A, B or C in both English and Maths.
- Assisting in providing financial support to budget holders, departmental managers and staff;
- Maintain financial systems and procedures;
- Respond to payment enquiries.
- EO2s are the first level of supervisory management and posts may involve line management of Administrative Officers and/or Administrative Assistants.
In addition, EO2s are often responsible for the efficient and effective organisation of the day to day work of welfare administration and the application and implementation of policy.
Working in a modern office environment, job holders will be required to communicate effectively in writing, by telephone or face to face with customers, members of the public, staff and senior management.
Ensuring that work is completed in accordance with branch instructions, targets and standards.
Responsibility for decision making in business areas affected by welfare reform and modernisation. Duties may involve the scrutiny of material, determining evidence requirements and ensuring all adequate evidence is gathered to enable the correct decision to be made in accordance with policies and procedures.
Responsibility for day-to-day management of staff in the Administrative Officer and Administrative Assistant grades, including the allocation and monitoring of work and the provision of information and guidance.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland