Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Executive Officer II - HR to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £12.86 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Knowledge of HR practice and legislation
- Experience in HR activities e.g. Managing Attendance; Recruitment and Resourcing; Employee Relations (e.g. Grievances, Disciplinary etc.), Equality etc.
Have a valid driving licence and use of a car for official business use or require consideration of reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the position.
Desirable:Hold Associate Membership, or higher, of the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (ie CIPD) or working towards this.
- Provision of HR information to employees and workers
- To provide information to employees in relation to the induction process within the College and to carry out induction for new starts.
- To provide information to employees in relation to terms and conditions of employment.
- To provide information to employees and workers on the operation of HR policies and procedures, such as recruitment and selection, grievance, discipline and harassment, family friendly policies etc.
- To provide information to employees and workers in relation to the recording of time and attendance, annual leave, additional hours, time off in lieu (TOIL), sickness absence reporting etc.
- To provide information in to employees and workers in relation to HR services such as appraisal, associate lecturer agreement, job evaluation, threshold scheme, maternity/paternity, pensions, flexible working, career break/secondment, eye tests etc.
- To provide information to employees and workers on pay scales, incremental increases and promotions.
- To provide information to employees and workers in relation to training and development opportunities.
- To provide information to employees and workers on all employee benefits.
- To provide Information to employees about the employee assistance programme.
- To inform staff/potential staff in relation to the systems. and procedures that are in place for the processing of criminal record checks and to act as a counter signatory for Access NI.
- To provide information to agency workers in relation to the operation of the Agency Worker Regulations.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures affecting employees and workers.
- To establish and maintain a library of HR information.
- To establish a system for recording the information provided to employees and workers.
- To assist the HR Services Manager in regular review HR services documentation to ensure that it is current and relevant.
- To allocate work to HR staff through the HR Services Team Lead arising from contact with employees and workers.
- Special Projects
- To contribute to and/or lead work on HR project teams, consultative groups or other bodies as required, for example
- auto enrolment of staff onto the relevant pension scheme,
- implementation of redundancy schemes,
- reemployment of retired staff,
- criminal records checks,
- To assist in the review and development of HR policies and procedures.
- To assist the HR Services Manager in the completion of business services reviews.
- To develop protocols, guidance notes and updates to ensure the effective implementation of HR services.
- To assist the HR Services Manager in researching, drafting and implementing HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To research and monitor human resource systems and practice in the FE sector in Northern Ireland.
- To establish and maintain a set of operational procedures in relation to the provision of HR Information to employees and workers.
- To develop, review and maintain systems for the provision of HR information to employees.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland