Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Executive Officer - Premises, Health & Safety to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £12.86 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
1.1 Academic Qualifications Route - A minimum of 4 GCSEs which must include English and Maths at Grade C or above or equivalent.
Applications through this route should demonstrate a minimum of one year's experience as at 1.3 below.
1.2 Non-Academic Route - Applications through this route should demonstrate a minimum of three years' as at 1.3 below.
1.3 a) the relevant length (either one or three years' experience - referring to 1.1 or 1.2 above) supervisory experience within an office environment OR;
- b) the relevant length (either one or three years' experience - referring to 1.1 or 1.2 above) experience working in an employment relations, or trade union, or human resource environment
- Premises Management (including liaison with external contractors)
- Health & Safety
- Developing and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of employment and other relevant compliance legislation, policies, practices and procedures.
- Supervising staff/leading a team, as appropriate.
- Providing accurate and impartial information and advice on employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures as required. This can be through telephone enquiries, personal interviews or through correspondence as necessary in the areas of employment relations, health and safety and associated legislative areas.
- Highlighting to the Employment Relations Officers (EROs) items of interest relating to employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures.
- Identifying and referring enquiries appropriately to the Agency's Advisory Service, Conciliation Service, Corporate or other Agency services.
- Promoting the Labour Relations Agency and the services it provides.
- Providing support to the HR unit in areas such as staff training and the maintenance of confidential personnel records.
- Maintaining the Agency's administrative systems to the standards required by the Agency, involving the accurate input of data and the production of regular and ad hoc management reports.
- Operating client administration systems (for example, the Case Management Record System).
- Providing regular and ad hoc reports as requested on the provision of the service and other outputs relating to the responsibilities described above.
- Supporting, as required, the work of Employment Relations Officers and Employment Relations Managers.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland