- Inspect, maintain and prepare bus fleet to PCV standards.
- Test, diagnose faults and rectify defects on vehicle electrical systems.
- Remove and replace vehicle electrical components.
- Minor depot plant electrical equipment repair.
- All administration associated with the post.
- Any other duty as requested by the Depot Engineer/Engineering Supervisor.
- Recognised Auto Electrical Apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (e.g. City + Guilds Part 2) in a relevant trade or discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship experience working on commercial vehicles.
- Well presented and excellent verable and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diagnostics.
- Ability to produce sound safe work.
- Awareness of health and safety at work.
- Flexible attitude to work and working hours with ability to work additional hours when required or at short notice.
- Full current driving licence.
- Ability to obtain a PCV licence.
- Experience of working as a skilled on buses and /or coaches.
- Experience using IT packages
- Relevant qualification or training relating to a workshop environment.
- Recognised Auto Electrical Apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (e.g. City + Guilds Part 2) in a relevant trade or discipline along with a minimum of 3 year's post apprenticeship experience working on commercial vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical aspects of electrical interfaces.
37 hours/pw until April 2020