Permanent Buyer required for Ballynahinch.
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm & Friday 8.00 am to 1.00 pm
Duties will include:
- Support the NPI RFQ process on procurement of value for money components
- Identification of new supply chain sources to maintain competitive supply sources and reduce cost wherever possible
- Raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders on suppliers.
- Progressing/expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Maintenance of supplier schedules in line with MRP and manufacturing requirements.
- Developing systems within the purchasing department.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal department managers.
- Developing/maintaining current ISO standards.
- Assist Tactical Purchasing in the procurement of direct/indirect materials.
- A minimum of 5 passes at GCSE or equivalent (must include English and Maths)
- At least 2 year's experience in a similar Buyer/Procurement role
- Experience in identification of new supply sources
- Experience with using an MRP system
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Be familiar with electronic components
- IT Proficient to include MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational abilities.
- Effective time management skills.
- flexibly to meet the requirements of the post.
- Experience in Sage 1000 MRP system
- 3rd Level Qualification in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical)
- Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in a purchasing role in an Engineering Environment.
- Experience in locating and dealing with suppliers in low cost regions and transferring product into such region.
- Be CIPS certified or working towards a CIPS qualification.
This post requires a dynamic self-motivated individual for the efficient and timely purchasing of components and miscellaneous items to agreed deadlines.
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.